Table of Contents Hide
A fixed periodic payment (FPP) works in much the same way as an annuity. The FPP will pay out either a lump sum or an income stream to the recipient at fixed intervals, most often monthly, for their lifetime. The main difference between an annuity and an FPP is that with an annuity you’re guaranteed that you will receive a guaranteed income, whereas with an FPP there’s no guarantee that the income stream will continue.
Fixed periodic payments (FPPs) are a type of structured settlement in which the defendant pays the plaintiff a set amount of money on a regular basis, usually for a period of time. FPPs can be paid monthly, quarterly, or yearly, and are typically paid out over a period of years.
How to Use FPPs
A fixed periodic payment, or FPP, is a type of payment that is fixed in amount and made at regular intervals. FPPs can be used for a variety of purposes, such as mortgage payments, rent payments, and loan payments. The most common use for FPPs is for amortizing the interest on loans. In this case, the borrower pays off the principal over time but does not pay off any of the interest that accrues with each passing period (in other words, it stays fixed).
Staying away from scams
There are many scams out there that can leave you penniless and in debt. Be sure to do your research before giving anyone your hard-earned money. A fixed periodic payment is a legitimate way to make money, but there are also many scams that masquerade as this type of opportunity. Here are some tips to help you avoid getting scammed:
- Don’t give out your personal information to anyone online or over the phone unless you are certain that they are legitimate.
- The person should be willing to answer any questions you have about their company without hesitation.
- They should offer proof of legitimacy with verifiable contact information and an established history.
- Ask yourself if it seems too good to be true because it probably is!
- Finally, make sure the company has been around for more than five years so that they have had time to establish themselves as a trustworthy source of income!